Thursday, December 06, 2007

Sandwiches

I believe sandwiches are personal, like salads and coffee. It's hard for me to make someone a sandwich if I don't know their likes/dislikes, if I don't I end up asking them about seven questions.
I happen to have a secret obsession with looking in other people's grocery carts, and in my heavy Subway phase of the past two weeks, I realized I also have a crazed fascination with what other people put on their subs.
I've been quite adventurous at the Subway recently which I give credit to my love for an independent sub shop here in Denton called New York Subs. It's one of those places that has sandwich choices and then a big wooden sign that says what they put on their subs - usually I would cut a few things or add something - but when I ate there I didn't. I felt adventurous, mostly because I ate a sandwich with oil and vinegar for the first time - which is good y'all!
Back to Subway, I usually get about the same thing there however I decided to get whatever the sub of the day was and try new things. So I have now tried quite a few subs - all with oil and vinegar and all while watching the person in front of me and behind me order their sandwiches.

Feed my weird hobby and tell me about your sub . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude...anything without green peppers. Those things will seriously taint anything they come remotely close to. And, despite how much I may love olives, black olives almost always taste like can and, like the aforementioned, will seriously taint anything they come remotely close to. The only other thing I can say is...bacon will make anything significantly better...unless it's paired with tuna which is a big no-no in my book. I'm a sucker for the veggie subs but a turkey-bacon with lettuce, tomato, and a healthy dose of mayo is a shoe-in for comfort food. It's like a BLT (best sandwich *EVER*) plus the comfort and sleep seduction of turkey...C'mon...how can you go wrong with this?!!

Earhart said...

Ok. At Subway it can be any one of the following: turkey/ham with cheese, lettuce, maters, mustard, mayo and a splash of vinegar and oil; Tuna on wheat with maters, S&P, and mustard: OR meatball with cheese but that fairly infrequent. As for homemade sandwiches, I'm on a chicken salad with celery and shallots kick right now. But I also hold dear a lovely ham, muenster, mater, lettuce, mayo and deli mustard sandwich. Sometimes if I'm freeling frisky I'll slap on some avacado slices. And P.S. I look in people's fridges and/or lunch boxes.

You can tell A LOT about someone by looking at what they eat...

Anonymous said...

I'm a meatball sub so I don't know if I count. But it goes

6 inch meatball on Italian Herbs and Cheese, Provolone, Black Olives, and few red onions, salt and pepper, oregano, parmason.

I'm a simple man.

Anonymous said...

Subway... oh subway your sandwiches are inferior to the other sandwich shops. Jimmy Johns is my favorite lunch. i like all of the meats but i am partial to a ham sandwich. there's a little shop that i go to with "gormet" sandwiches. they do something special behind that counter that i cannot figure out. i had a ham sandwich from there that had herb butter on it! HERB BUTTER. that was the birth of a craving.

About Me

East, Texas, United States
I am the brown eyed girl from the song. I'm full of conceited independence. I love my friends so I wised up and became fiercly loyal. I'm a southern social butterfly who also enjoys time to herself. Life is the great adventure and love is in the details.