Monday, July 17, 2006

A fortnight

My instincts or my intuitions or my gut, whatever the phrase is, that have done me really well in the past. Kept me from being harassed by the cops on the roof of a haunted house. Made me turn down a different street with Blondie instead of going to the party that no one ever stopped talking about, at least for a year. My instincts that guided me to leave a few parties before their time was up. And I believe these instinct to have been my angel on my shoulder through the years and kept me very safe I might add.
Well this is me putting it on record that for the first time in a very long time, I am going against my instincts. So if something horrible or traumatic happens to me, it's my own fault for going against those fibers that stand up and scream "hold on!" at me. It will be my fault for going against the tride and true "doubt means don't."
There are lots of positives in this situation and I hope that they all rise to the surface, but that's expectations and we know how those and I work out. It's really hard to make a big decision when you are going back and studying why you've made every other decision in your life.
I just don't want to come out of this wishing I would have stayed home to watch Ferngully.

1 comment:

Earhart said...

I believe in intuition and gut feelings. I also believe that sometimes you need to do things that you know you'll fail at just so that you can prove to yourself that you will, indeed, survive the entire messy thing when it's all said and done. Lessons aren't always little bits of wisdom delivered neatly with a pretty little bow. Occasionally, they're steaming blobs of poo that are hurled at your face. But what else is there to do but pick yourself up, wipe yourself off, square your shoulders and put one foot in front of the other?

Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared to believe that something inside them was superior to circumstance...

About Me

East, Texas, United States
I am the brown eyed girl from the song. I'm full of conceited independence. I love my friends so I wised up and became fiercly loyal. I'm a southern social butterfly who also enjoys time to herself. Life is the great adventure and love is in the details.