Saturday, August 26, 2006

At the California Clipper . . .

You can have the best time! I had the best time last night at this swanky cute place called the California Clipper. I was in a red booth with great lighting and I got to discuss books and happenings around the town. OK, first, the entertainment. Jessica Jane Childs and her lovely beau are one hell of a singing duo not to mention the incredible band that backs them up with great talent. She's really really good, blew me away.
Second, the drinks. How can I not love a place where I can get a Champagne Cocktail along with a drink that involves grape soda? Let me just give you the tasty run down. Champagne Cocktail: bitters, a twist and a sugar cube with a tiny bottle of delicious and bubbly champagne. Purple Martin: GRAPE SODA ON DRAFT, coconut rum and lemon.
All together it was a delicious evening!!!

Best quote of the evening: "Idlewild, it's like the black Moulin Rouge." Blondie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What, did he draw the "films" paper out of the little bowl of topics on the table? Ha, ha, ha. I seem to remember he pops off with at least one relatively profound pop-culture reference at each gathering. It's a good party talent, really.

About Me

East, Texas, United States
I am the brown eyed girl from the song. I'm full of conceited independence. I love my friends so I wised up and became fiercly loyal. I'm a southern social butterfly who also enjoys time to herself. Life is the great adventure and love is in the details.