Wednesday, January 07, 2009

me and my big fat junior high problem

First some back story. I recently went to my parent house for winter break, there I had a reoccurring dream where I was in different places but the same girl was always there trying to regain my recently lost friendship. In my dreams I got to say a lot of great sassy things to her, all which boil down to "I don't want to be friends with you" or "I don't like you." I thought it was odd and frankly I was really sick of running into her in my dreams, because I don't like running in to her in real life. These dreams are weird, but they stop.

Then yesterday as I am unpacking and setting up my house again and I get an email from her that she wrote at 3:30 am stating that she wants to have hang out time or go out to eat and that she "just misses me." She seems to say this like it is going to be normal and that I should totally be down for it. Really? Really? Because I am just not sure what about me not really speaking to you for five months is misleading? I don't see where I should get over her pushing me and yelling at me for three hours one night in Scotland, to me that seemed like a great time to end things.

The unfortunate thing is that I have to go to school with this girl and I really don't want to start off 2009 being a jerk. So how do you politely say to someone I don't want to hang out with you and I don't miss you? It seems really childlike to not respond, but then again, this entire stupid situation feels childlike and now I'm even madder at her for putting me in it.

8 comments:

JReed said...

Uzy, I obviously don't know the entire situation between this girl and yourself. But real friendships aren't the easy ones where everyone always gets along. Sometimes it takes a real friend to really piss you off, pull out all your hair, and along the way learn something very valuable about yourself. Some people don't know how to express themselves without collisions. If it's just too much, by all means end it. But maybe just maybe you could give her one more chance? The two of you could sit down at a nice public place full of alcohol and cute boys, sort it all out, and realize that for whatever asinine reason you care about each other.

Q said...

Shot, you obviously missed the movement class when Jay Jennings told us all to get rid of the "crazymakers," it was a really good lesson. I think you are right that some people don't know how to express themselves without collisions, because that rings true of her but very false of me. I thought about giving her one meal, but I hate doing things I have absolutely no desire to do - unless I'm getting paid or a grade.

Q said...

There is a "have" missing in that last sentence. Wah wah.

JReed said...

I understand ridding your life of the crazy makers. But let's face it Jay Jennings is about as useful as a condom with a hole in the top. You need a couple of crazy makers Uzy, and I think you wanted someone to tell you that. So I was being the vessel. Don't think of it as something you don't want to do. Think of it as going against your own grain. Doesn't having absolutely no desire to hang out with her, kind of make you want to in a weird way?

Q said...

Okay, I took care of it - polite avoidance of direct answering.

JReed said...

What does that mean? Did you just punch her?

Q said...

No, she enjoys physical violence, I do not. I just avoided replying to her missing me or wanting to hang out, which probably made her feel embarrassed. We'll see if she punches me when school starts.

Earhart said...

If she punches you, I'm coming to TX to bitch slap her stupid ass.

About Me

East, Texas, United States
I am the brown eyed girl from the song. I'm full of conceited independence. I love my friends so I wised up and became fiercly loyal. I'm a southern social butterfly who also enjoys time to herself. Life is the great adventure and love is in the details.