Tuesday, July 29, 2008

trip of a lifetime

Here I go. I'm leaving this afternoon for Edinburgh, Scotland. I am going with my school to perform our folk-rock dream version of Alice in Wonderland with bunkaru puppets. We are performing at the Bedlam Theatre which is prestigious, but I am more concerned that it was in fact once an insane asylum. (Which seems fitting for the bunch I am going with.)
Here are the things I am pumped about doing:
Seeing Jason Robert Brown musicals performed by the English
A whisky tour that includes a barrel ride (like the Frog and Toad ride) and animatronics
A day tour in which I will visit Nessie, Queen Mary's childhood estate, the William Wallace monument and famous Scotland nature sites.
Seeing a real Georgian house with real Georgian decor
Experiencing Mary King's Close, an underground city where Mr. Boots still roams the alleys
And castles, castles galore.

all my love

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you...

cunei4m said...

Damn...nothing better than a sister who is perfectly willing to take time out of her fairytale trip to pay $1 a minute to wish me happy birthday...you're the best!!

About Me

East, Texas, United States
I am the brown eyed girl from the song. I'm full of conceited independence. I love my friends so I wised up and became fiercly loyal. I'm a southern social butterfly who also enjoys time to herself. Life is the great adventure and love is in the details.