To Whom It May Concern:
I have decided to resign from my position at Macy’s. The job description I agreed to with Human Resources and Mr. Murphy is why I took the job and after a few weeks of working at Macy’s I came to realize that the job description was no longer a possibility. While I question whether it is my responsibility to adjust or the new manager’s responsibility to check new employees job descriptions, I have to be the one responsible for taking myself out of unpleasant situations.
In all my work history I have never quit a job without more than two weeks notice, I find it unprofessional and I apologize. The short time I have here in Corpus Christi left me no time to give two weeks notice and then start a new job.
For whatever reason she might have, Ida the new merchandising team manager, made my time at Macy’s miserable. There were occasions when I felt she unnecessarily isolated me, times when she spoke abrasively to me and times when she seemed to be punishing me because I told her when I wanted to work after being asked. I have worked in retail since I was sixteen and I have never worked with a manager who didn’t appreciate what positive words could motivate out of people; and as a twenty five year old woman I can’t believe that isn’t common sense to a person in a manager’s position.
Good luck to you,
Belle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Q
- East, Texas, United States
- I am the brown eyed girl from the song. I'm full of conceited independence. I love my friends so I wised up and became fiercly loyal. I'm a southern social butterfly who also enjoys time to herself. Life is the great adventure and love is in the details.
No comments:
Post a Comment