I think it's harder to know what you want. Sure you might have a good time floating around saying, "I don't know what I want," but when you know what you want you seek purpose in the things you do, the relationships you take on and the decisions you make. I used to thing everything was so hard and confusing when I didn't know what I wanted, but I find myself singing a different tune now.
The basis of comparison is a powerful thing when your constantly looking at life through the eyes of therapy. I try to reign in feeling better than that which I am comparing myself too, because it's not better - but it is better for me. What's for me is not what is for someone else.
Sure there's things to be said for doing crazy things and having life experiences, and yes I think that's what the twenties are for. And I thank them for that. But in saying that I don't think that it means when were 30 that's when we'll make decisions or that's when we'll "grow up." Because those things don't all happen in a year, our twenties are giving us a journey time to allow that to happen over a period of time.
"Well, you could do that five years from now, or you could do that next year," that was recently said to me which I think is ridiculous! You can do anything now or five years from now, but what are we doing? Just waiting around to turn 30 and then we'll make a decision?
I could go around in circles. I think it's harder when you know what you want, so I'm glad I've figured most of what I want out because it's going to take time to seek them out properly. Adulthood includes a lot of responsibility, and more than anything I think the most responsibility we have to take is for ourselves and our actions. I want a bright future and to secure that, I plan on creating good karma and a clear conscious. I'll make mistakes and things will get fucked up, but at least I'm striving for something good. Not just something that'll get me through the moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Q
- East, Texas, United States
- I am the brown eyed girl from the song. I'm full of conceited independence. I love my friends so I wised up and became fiercly loyal. I'm a southern social butterfly who also enjoys time to herself. Life is the great adventure and love is in the details.
1 comment:
sometimes knowing what we want isn't always good. i know what i want for myself in my life but geting it has been a rough journey. i'm a simple girl who only wants the simple things in life, a great man to marry & a decent house. the twenties were a great time for me but now that i'm in my thirties i still have no idea what i should be doing or which road i should be going down. use your twenties to remember to have fun & enjoy being young; use your thirties to start your adult life and become serious.
Post a Comment